Friday, June 25, 2010

Review: Josie Maran's Organic Argan Oil



If you follow me on Twitter you know how much I love this oil. I was first introduced to this product because of Eily. She said it worked wonderfully on her and I was always so jealous of her skin, it looked so smooth, but this was years ago and I never really thought much of it. That is until I went to Sephora about 2 months ago and I saw that Josie Maran had a cosmetics line and in that line she sold Organic Argan Oil.

The bottle that I saw was the $48 one and I thought sure why not? If I don't like it I can return it but then when I was in line at the register I saw a smaller one for $14 called "Organic Argan Oil To Go" for $14 and I snatched that one up instead, just to give it a try.

"What it is: A lightweight oil—which can be used as a daily moisturizer and skin treatment—now offered in a convenient travel-size bottle.

What it does: Josie Maran Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's organically grown in Morocco and rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Argan Oil is known to have many treatment benefits, including hydrating, nourishing, toning, and firming properties. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with specific skin conditions, including acne."


I went home and from the first moment I tried it I fell in LOVE! I'm always in the look-out for moisturizers because my skin is odd. Sometimes it's oily, sometimes it's dry. For a long time I had Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and I didn't really use it because to me, there was NOTHING dramatic about it. That night sprayed some Fix + by MAC like I always do (it's part of my skin care regimen now) then I mixed 2 pumps of Clinique's Lotion and 3 drops of the Organic Argan Oil on the tips of my fingers and rubbed it all over my skin. A couple of minutes later my skin felt SOFT. Under my eyes I put 1 drop first and then I used Intervene Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream from Elizabeth Arden. My eyes felt as smooth as a baby's bottom!!! I kid you not!

I first bought this about 2 months ago and I'm already on my second bottle. Why? Because not only do I use it on my face I use it on legs, arms and even hair. This oil is so moisturizing, even when I've not moisturized my face for a couple of days it still feels smooth.

Ladies (and gents if you're reading) if you want silky smooth skin get this NOW! I've been raving about this to my friends I even got a friend of mine hooked on it. She ran out of her oil in 2 weeks, she used it on her entire body!

Josie Maran also has an Argan Oil Hair Serum that has Argan Oil that apart from Argan Oil it has Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil & Vitamin E. I've yet to acquire this but believe me this is next on my list!!

To get your Organic Argan Oil Click HERE

- Carolina

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I wonder if my ridiculously oily skin would benefit from this at all or is this mainly for dry skin types? You make it sound so amazing. Maybe I will ask for a sample next time i'm at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you give it a try. Because my skin can get oily at times but it still feels dry. I'm telling you, once you try this you will NEVER stop using it. My friends and I are hooked! =D

    ReplyDelete