Tuesday, September 14, 2010

EOTD: Purple Glitter "Pin-up"

Yesterday I went in for a second interview at a makeup store and I knew I had to do something to stand out so I decided to do pin-up eye makeup but with a dramatic, modern twist. I kept the colors in the browns and purples. My favorite thing to do when it comes to eye makeup is use all matte eyeshadows and then on the lower inner corner use a shimmering contrasting eyeshadow to make the look POP! (so to speak)


I posted the full face picture on Twitter first and it was all good and dandy. That was until I posted the close-up pictures and everyone started asking what I used. But since Twitter only allows 140 characters I thought I'd "blog" all about the eye makeup.






Here's the breakdown of all the shadows I used.


Eyeshadow base: Painterly Paint Pot by MAC
1. Gesso by MAC
2. Purple from a Harajuku Hunnies Palette
3. Black from a Harajuku Hunnies Palette
4. Brown Down by MAC
5. Wedge by MAC
6. Rested by Lumiere Cosmetics (My favorite matte highlight)
7. Fig. 1 By MAC
8. Pink Pearl Pigment by MAC
9. "Purple" Glitter Liner from Sephora
(10. Eye Opener eye pencil from Senna Cosmetics)


Side note

The purple glitter alone doesn't really stand out, so what I did was line with MAC's Blacktrack fluidline then set it with black eyeshadow, on top of that is where I put the glitter liner. The black base is what makes it pop. Also the Purple (#2) is placed on top of Gesso (#1), I placed it that way because I only wanted a slight wash of purple over the extreme, matte white.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!


- Carolina

2 comments:

  1. I first saw this on twitter and i remember being so in awwww, i love how gorgeous this look on you! Plus its totally a modern pin up twist which is so up my alley! Thanks girl for poting a blog about it! Hope all goes well and you get the job!!!!
    Ashley
    (lovenlipstick2 on twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete