Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beauty Shot: Bleached Spots



The photographer called me the day before the actual shoot to see if we wanted to do a beauty shot of whatever I wanted. I, of course, said yes.

Since this was improvised I had not idea what I was going to do. I just packed a little bit of everything in my kit. I'd seen a picture on Model Mayhem of a model who had lines and spots on her face. If you don't already know, I love messy, colorful makeup, basically makeup out of the ordinary. So I drew inspiration from that model's makeup and a look I'd done on myself before (picture below).



So even though I drew inspiration from 2 pictures I still didn't know what to do so what I did was what I do most of the time I'm stuck: start with one color and work from there. The only thing i knew was I wanted to use MAC's Aqua eyeshadow, a beautiful aqua colored (duh) matte eyeshadow. I put it in the inner corner and from there I added Carbon, and Make Up For Ever's 92 (the most pigmented purple eyeshadow out there). After that I kind of got the idea that I wanted this to be dark but sparkly so I added black glitter and blue reflects glitter (MAC). I don't remember what I used on the cheeks but I do remember that the highlight on her face is a mixture of Josie Maran's Argan All Over Face Palette in Sweet and a Mineralized Skinfinish Shimmer from MAC. Those 2 combined gave her a perfect ice-y white glow.

This is where I took a step back and decided I wanted spots and splatters everywhere. I wanted to use the same technique as the one I did on my eye (loose eyeshadows and mixing liquid) but I ended up using my Mehron Paradise Makeup AQ 30 Color Palette and the mixing liquid to splatter all over her face. As you can see in the picture above I covered with paper towels what I didn't want to be splattered. It's not visible in the picture [above] but I also put a tiny piece of paper towel covering her lid, I didn't want the sparkle glitter to be covered in spots. Although her hair is bleach blond, her brows were brown and since I wanted her to look as white as could be I kind of "bleached" her brows just by using a light colored concealer.

(Closeup of the eye makeup)

And here's the end result.
I had a lot of fun on this shoot. It's my kind of makeup, all over the place but still beautiful. I was also able to download Photoshop so I edited this picture myself. I used to play with Photoshop all the time, creating icons and such so now that I have it again I will be playing with it a lot!


Thanks for reading!

- Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment