Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ecliptica: Caposhi

Once again I was with the Ecliptica duo doing makeup for their Fall/Winter 2011 Collection called "Caposhi' . The look and clothes of this collection was all about the 70s.

Javier Romero was, of course, the head makeup artist and he showed us what the makeup would be like. Golden eyes, nude/pink lips and healthy glowing skin. The event was sponsored by L'Oreal. We received powder foundations, lip liners, eyeliners, lipsticks, primers, blushes, mascaras and makeup removers.

The look was pretty much simple but I ran into the trouble that one of my models had broken out 2 days before the show. I had to cover up those bad boys without making her look pasty, which was hard because she's so pale (picture of both of us below), but makeup does wonders!



When I was finishing up my first model Javier told me that one of the models was going to have to be covered in gold. He said "As soon as you're done with your girls let me know so you can start on Gold Member!"(That was her code name for the evening). He looked like a little kid saying that cause he knows I love makeup that's out there, out of the norm but I was completely caught off-guard. They showed me a tiny bottle of Mehron's Metallic Powder in "Gold" and I thought "There's no way this is going to be enough to do eye makeup on all the models plus paint Gold Member from head to toe." But I was wrong. That tiny bottle was enough for everyone and then some.


With the help of my Mehron Paradise AQ 30 Color Palette 2 other makeup artists we were able to paint Gold Member from head to heal (toes would've sounded better but really we stopped painting at her heals.) To help spread powder stay we used a mixture of moisturizer and MAC's Mixing Medium. It took about an hour and a half to 2 hours. People were passing by us amazed and in shock. She looked like one of those people who stand outside touristic areas and pretend to be statues of robots, only she was fiercely dressed!


(I did Mannette's makeup for this show and she came to me smiling and grinning like a little kid. She was beaming, she told me she was loving the Argan oil and was using it on everything!)




No comments:

Post a Comment