Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Reviva Labs Review, Part II

The wonderful people at Reviva Labs contacted me once again to review a few more of their products. Having already loved the products they initially sent me I accepted.


So here I am, ready to tell you about these 3 products I tried. The first is the Organic Cleansing Milk.
($9.50)

"A herbalist's cornucopia of wonders that not only deep cleanse but also help improve skin tone and add antiseptic and antibacterial action. Today's pollution gets deep into pores. So, Reviva Labs newly formulated Organic Cleansing Milk contains certified organic herbs, floral water, aloe vera plus aromatherapy oils and a complex of vegetable extracts that penetrate deeply to flush dirt from pores. Leaves skin feeling fresh, moist and immaculately clean. Creamy, soothing, it's also an excellent makeup remover."

This cleansing milk does all it says and more. At first I was surprised at how thick it was because I was literally expecting it to have a more liquid consistency. After using it for more than a week I loved how my skin felt afterwords. It felt clean but it felt soft and not at all taught which is something I was worried about. The only downside to this cleansing milk was the feeling it left in my hands: they felt greasy. It's as if the oils from either the makeup or the cleanser ended up in my hands. It was an odd sensation. I don't know if it was maybe the aromatherapy oils that ended up on my hands but in the end what I did was just wash my hands and the odd greasy feeling was gone. Since I usually don't use makeup wipes what I do is wash my face twice, with this product not only do I have a makeup remover I have a face wash as well. All in all, I really liked this cleansing milk. The only downside is that greasy feeling, I contacted Anna at Reviva Labs and she told me she's never heard of anyone having this problem so it literally could just be me and my not so normal skin.


The second item I tried was the Organic Skin Tonic with Hydrogen Peroxide

($9.50)
"A freshener applied after Cleansing Milk. Leaves the skin immaculately clean and glowing with freshness"
I haven't used a toner for years now because the ones I tried before were a little too drying and they made my skin burn a little. Having said that, the first time I tried this it smelled like a toner that I used in my teens when I had really, really, really bad acne. That toner was really expensive and dried out my skin. However this Organic Skin Tonic runs for $9.50 and it just left my skin feeling fresh. Mixed in with Reviva Lab's Hyaluronic Acid Serum it left my skin incredibly soft. I absolutely love this tonic and I will buy it again once I run out.


Last but certainly not least was the Vitamin E Oil Stick w/ SPF #15

($4.00)
"Lip and under eye protection was never this convenient and effective! Reviva's Vitamin E Stick--in its handy lipstick type tube--moisturizes, soothes and protects against dryness and sun or wind damage. Features SPF15 sun protection with vitamin E, allantoin."
This is not a regular Chapstick, this is literally a stick that is filled with oil There's a tiny spot on my cheek that's really dry, it's like a dry patch. Most of the time it heals by itself but lately it's been so hot it's acting up again. What I've done is rub this Vitamin E Stick on it and the next day it's all healed. I'm loving this. I tried this on my eyes too, but I'd say you should use this when really need extra moisture because it tends to be a little too thick for the eye area. I'm going to save this and only use it for my cheek's dry area because it seems to be the only thing that's ever worked.

All in all, I can say that once again I am more than happy with the results the Reviva Labs products provide. What continues to surprise me is the fact that these products are not only effective but they are also extremely affordable. If you are in the look-out for products that are not only good for you but also affordable, try Reviva Labs.

Thanks for reading,


- Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment